When I was a christian, I had metaphysical conversations frequently, and I cherished them greatly. Now that I am not, I cherish the absence of those same conversations greatly. Yet, I still have conversations of the same fervent tone, they are just about the physical.
There is numinous wonder to be had in the physical world around us. As long as you don't go into the world searching for that. The nature of the divine has something to do with the chemical makeup of the human brain, and that can be a hugely negative thing, as proven by the world's religions.
Yet there can be a shred of positive there too, a coloration of the interactions you have with the people all around you.
EGGS IN SWITZERLAND • by J Christopher Motta
-
Brooklyn, 2002. The air smelled like radiator steam and pan-fried American
failure. The July sun bleached every brick of Crown Heights into the color
of si...
23 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment